- I am getting great internet speed in other sites but slow download speed in torrent?
- My Downloads are stuck at 50% but why is it not getting any speed?
- Why is it showing seeding but my file is showing 100% downloaded?
- For this answer you will have to understand some basic terminology of Torrents.
- Seeder – Usually a seed is something from which a new life can be born. Similarly a Seeder is someone who has downloaded the torrent 100% (so he has every file from the torrent) & is uploading at the time.
- Leechers – A leechers is someone who is downloading the torrent right now. He maybe uploading at some speed or may not be. But usually many of them are.
- Peers – Seeders & Leechers both are commonly known as peers. So a peer is computer that you(your torrent client) is connected to right now.
- Tracker – A tracker is a computer that tracks the data of a torrent. It constantly updates how many peers are seeding & leeching the torrent.
- Health/Availability – Some peer may have downloaded 60%, the other one has at 20 % & so on… Availability of a torrent suggests how many complete files are there. If a torrent has 33.801 availability, then it means you have 33 complete resources you are downloading from, the other leeches who are seeding make for .801 (80.1%)part of the file.
- Seed Ratio – If you are seeding(uploading the torrent) then you must be uploading & downloading at different speeds. So the ratio of the data you have uploaded to the data you’ve downloaded is Seed Ratio. It is customary to upload at least as much as you have downloaded (so, to a minimum ratio of 1).
After Reading the above Points you will understand how torrent works and what these term mean. You will find almost everything about the torrent before downloading as shown in the image below.
As highlighted in the above image you will be able to see seeds and leachers of the torrent before downloading if they are low i would suggest you to download different torrent file because as explain above when seeds and leeches are low you will get low speed or the download won’t be able to get started.
2. To get Answer for Question 2 You will have to understand answer number 1 Health/Availability Point you will get you answer after reading it.
3. To under stand this question you will first have to understand what is seeding?
Seeding is where you leave your Torrentvilla/Torrent client open after you’ve finished your download to help distribute it (you distribute the file while downloading, but it’s even more helpful if you continue to distribute the full file even after you have finished downloading). Chances are that most of the data you got was from seeds, so help give back to the community! It doesn’t require much – the client will continue seeding until the torrent is removed or paused. Proper practice is to seed until the ratio of upload:download is at least 1.00.
If it Shows download 100% but seeding you don’t need to worry your file can be found in downloads folder and you can stop seeding just by pausing torrent but its is a healthy habit if you are on wifi please seed.